This website is still under construction. Some information may be incorrect.
Isostar Insulation

What is EPS ?

EPS is short for Expanded Polystyrene, better known as Styrofoam.

Due to the very different EPS names, it was decided at European level to associate the name Airpop with it.

EPS is made up of millions of beads, each of which forms an extremely fine and closed cell structure. Only 2% to 6% of the volume is made up of polystyrene, the remaining 94% to 98% is air contained in the cells.

This combination makes EPS an excellent thermal insulator and therefore extremely suitable as an insulation material. It is easy and safe to process, contains no CFCs and is not susceptible to mold or moisture. In addition, the EPS is strong and retains its shape. Due to the efficient production method and unique material structure, EPS is one of the cheapest and best insulation materials.

    What is EPS ?